We are creative, ambitious and ready for challenges! Hire Us
Runtime Library and Utilities for PIC Simulation
The first commercial solution for modeling photonics using Verilog-A, with major breakthroughs:
- Bidirectional optical port
- Scalable optical channels and modes through CML Compiler model generation
- No optical bus for optical connection, keeping the consistency between schematic and layout
What do we offer?
- Automated and reproducible generation of version-controlled models through CML Compiler
- Offer IP protection through CML encryption
- Various fixed and parameterized photonic models are available, including CW lasers, waveguides, optical phase shifters, photodetectors, and optical N-port S-parameter elements.
How it works
- Generate Verilog-A models through CML Compiler
- Obtain Lumerical’s Verilog-A models from production foundry PDKs (coming soon)
- Build your own custom Verilog-A models based on Lumerical’s Verilog-A runtime API
Verilog-A vs. INTERCONNECT
- Lumerical’s Verilog-A models accurately represent component behavior, and are consistent with INTERCONNECT models as they are generated from the same data source using CML Compiler
- Both approaches have specific advantages for different applications and simulation requirements. Verilog-A models can leverage many built-in analyses (e.g., ac analysis and noise analysis) and advanced features (e.g., variable time stepping) of EDA simulators; while INTERCONNECT is a dedicated, best-in-class simulator for photonics, naturally enabling bidirectional, multi-mode, multi-band simulation
- One or both approaches may be needed at different phases of designs, and the key to success is to pick the best for the application.