STACK: Optical Multilayer Simulator
STACK is an ideal solution for the rapid analysis of thin film multilayer stacks such as anti-reflection coatings, filters, OLEDs, and VCSELs. By utilizing analytical methods, STACK is considerably faster than direct simulations of Maxwell’s equations. A wide variety of functions are available to accurately capture interference and microcavity effects under both plane-wave and dipole illumination.
STACK is a solver within Lumerical’s DEVICE Multiphysics Simulation Suite, the world’s first multiphysics suite purpose-built for photonics designers. The DEVICE suite enables designers to accurately model components where the complex interaction of optical, electronic, and thermal phenomena is critical to performance.
Key STACK applications include:
- Thin-film multilayer
- Antireflective coating
STACK Analytic Solver
- Faster than direct simulation of Maxwell’s equations
- Ideal for rapid prototyping for thin film applications
- Functions available for both plane-wave and dipole illumination
- Captures interference and microcavity effects
Lumerical tools are interoperable through the Lumerical scripting language, Automation API, and Python and MATLAB APIs.
- Build, run, and control simulations across multiple tools.
- Use a single file to run optical, thermal, and electrical simulations before post-processing the data in MATLAB.